Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Speek Hack Meetup
Saturday, February 12, 2011 from 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, CA
Speek will be hosting a one-day developer hack meetup on 2/12 at the Mashery Corporate headquarters in San Francisco, CA. The goal of the hack meetup will be for developers to build interesting voice-enabled prototypes leveraging the Speek Voice API.
Do you have a collaboration app? Do you have a fantasy draft website or app? Do you have a dating or recruiting application? Do you have a toolbar? You can give them all a Voice with Speek's API! So come on hackers...let's see what you can give a voice to.
What can I code in?
Developers can code in the language and platform of their choosing. The only caveat is that these apps must leverage the Speek Voice API which is a REST-based interface that returns JSON or XML responses. Our API dials out to cell phones, landlines and VOIP applications like Skype and GoogleTalk.
How should I prepare?
Before the event, please go to http://developer.speek.com to review our technical API documentation.
Who owns the code I write?
You own the code, unless you’re using or writing something that belongs to someone else.
What should I bring with me?
You should bring a laptop or two, plus anything else you need to build an app (i.e. an iPhone or Android for mobile app, books; etc.) We’ll provide power and bandwidth, as well as desks, food, and drinks.
Prizes will be awarded which will include a 16 GB iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G, 16 GB iPod Touch, and $200 Best Buy gift card. Shirts will be provided to all participants!
- Clay Loveless -- Mashery Co-Founder / Alpha Geek
- Danny Boice -- Executive Director, New Media / Web Technology at The College Board
- Abraham Williams -- Hacker Advocate
- Richness and relevance of functionality
- Coolness factor and level of innovation
- Usability and design
- 9:00 AM: Walk in registration
- 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM: Coding with breakfast, lunch, and dinner served. Coding ends at 8:00 PM sharp.
- 8:00 PM to 8:30 PM: Demo registrations by developers
- 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM: 90-second developer demonstrations of prototypes
- 9:30 PM to 10:00 PM: Prizes awarded
- 10:00 PM to whenever: Party festivities at locations to be determined
Have any questions? Please contact us directly.